.

Wednesday 8 August 2012

The $1000 Gaming Room Set Up



With a £1000/$1000 to spare I would certainly get a Room of Pleasure. My lil den of outstanding joy in which my victims would face a delight they never experienced before, something in the style of Apple style “innovation”. The gift of erotic pleasure… ekhm yes. In order to finalize my dreams certain objects would have to be acquired. Whips, leather belts, latex clothing, some chains and certain adult toys. My Room of Pleasure would use high quality, ecological materials. It would also be much healthier than Brads Retro Room, which would eventually destroy his eye sight with bad refresh rates on the monitors and old radioactive tech which would not pass today’s safety standards. Do you want to rest your life on old tech?! I certainly do not.

As you are probably still wondering what the hell I am on about. Its simple. The den of pleasure was a reference to a desktop PC. Ditch the old times and embrace what we have on offer in the 21st century. A PC that will be funded thanks to the foolish/trusty Fairy will help with that idea and outlook. With One Kay of pounds to spare you can set up a very good rig which will chew through the latest and upcoming titles without a problem. I might not be an expert on PC building but I think my proposed list would make a good solid foundation on the future ride of joy. And RPS summed up the glory of the magic box perfectly : “Greatest Platform On Earth And In The Whole Of Human History” this would be the most entertaining solution. Forget about 30 FPS and get used to 100+. Why live in the past when the future is soo much brighter. Why destroy your eyesight on 8 bits when you can experience a much more beautiful art direction nowadays possible. Step into the competitive online world full of challenges and players waiting to be defeated. From the Dota 2 to the DayZ you can fulfill your inner competitive nature thanks to a powerful PC and internet access.

So lets look at my build then. Each item has a link and a price attached to it for your viewing pleasure.

Total: 1024
This set up includes a SSD which you will not really need, but it helps in loading levels or graphic design. I went 24 pounds over the fairies 1000 pounds pot, however I think that sacrifice is worth it. You will be ready to conquer such upcoming titles as Assasin Creed 3, Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, Grand Theft Auto 5 and even the next title from CD-Project!(Which are famous for pushing your PC to the limit)
As you now know what I would spend the foolish fairies thousand pound pot, what would you do with it? Would you follow my “modern” shoes and get a powerful PC? Or would you reminisce the past and get a Retro Gaming room like Oscar and Brad? As a true and loyal PC gamer what do you think of my build? Did i miss something out? Am I a fool and made some critical mistake?! Tell me in the comments.
This was the Final Part in the £1000 or $1000 Gaming Room Set up challenge.

The rules were simple, £1000 or $1000 to spend lets see what your idel gaming room would be….



No comments :

Post a Comment